Ridiculously gooey, fudgy brownies swirled with rich cheesecake, there’s only one word for these – AMAZING!
These cheesecake swirl brownies have to be my favourite brownie creation so far, if I had to eat one brownie for the rest of my life it would be these ones, no contest! I think I perhaps underbaked these a little and that’s why they were so decadently gooey but I wouldn’t change a thing and you shouldn’t either! The texture is perfect and melts beautifully with the creamy cheesecake
The brownie base for these is an adapted version of the cocoa brownies recipe, they’re still made with cocoa but I upped the eggs to make them moister (is that a word?!). I also added baking powder to give them a little rise and increased the butter to keep them fudgy! They’re then stuff full of chunky chopped chocolate, meaning they just ooze chocolate with every bite! I think I like this adapted recipe even better, but maybe that’s the cheesecake talking!
The cheesecake is a nice simple cheesecake mix, very rich and creamy making it the perfect brownie partner. And all you need to do is mix up the cheesecake ingredients and swirl it into the brownie batter. I find the best way to do this is run the back of a dessert spoon in lines down the brownie batter making little trenches, pour the cheesecake into the trenches and then use a knife to run lines in the opposite direction. Then you bake them until you have cheesecake brownie heaven! I adore this cheesecake swirl brownie recipe and I hope you will too!
[recipe title=”Cheesecake Swirl Brownies”]
For the brownies:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 500g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 160g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 190g plain flour
- 200g chopped dark chocolate
For the Cheesecake:
- 225g cream cheese, room temperature
- 80ml sour cream
- 115g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Grease and line 9″ x 13″ brownie pan and preheat oven to 180C/350F
- For the brownies, melt the butter with the sugar in microwave in 30 second intervals, until all is melted, stirring between intervals. Allow to cool slightly
- Add the cooled melted butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and flour and beat until all combined.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and spread batter into the pan.
- To make the cheesecake, beat together all the cheesecake ingredients until smooth.
- Make trenches (4 or 5) along the length of the brownie batter using the back of a dessert spoon and fill each trench with the cheesecake mixture. Run a knife in rows the opposite way to the trenches to “swirl” the cheesecake into the brownie batter
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge too cool before cutting into squares
- Bake for about 40 minutes if you want a less gooey, underbaked texture.
- Store in the fridge, they will last about a week in a sealed container (but you’ll be lucky if they last a day once people taste them!)
- It’s important to make sure the butter isn’t too hot when you add the eggs or they’ll start to cook!