These Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are the perfect indulgent fall dessert. Delicious, cinnamon packed fudgy blondies, studded with white chocolate chunks, layers of gooey, salted caramel and crunchy sugar top. Top with even more salted caramel for a really decadent dessert!
One of the many reasons I love autumn is it’s acceptable to overload everything with cinnamon, I do this all year round but in autumn people don’t think I’m weird for doing it! You may have noticed I have a small obsession with cinnamon, I will put it in my drinks, my dinner (cinnamon chilli anybody?) and my desserts – nothing is safe! Least of all, these delicious Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies!
I have no idea why Snickerdoodles are called Snickerdoodles, all I know is that they’re one of the most delicious cookies out there – soft, chewy and full of cinnamon goodness! And sure I could just make a yummy batch of snickerdoodle cookies, but where’s the fun in that when I can turn them into blondies and add a major helping of salted caramel? These Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are basically three desserts in one, because that’s just the way I roll! I’m totally obsessed with salted caramel at the moment, I think I’m a little late on that band wagon, but I just want to put it in everything – most of all in my mouth! Are you a salted caramel lover too
These Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are totally buttery, a little chewy and bursting with cinnamon. The fudgy blondies are dotted with chunks of sweet white chocolate, and the salted caramel layer is baked right into these heavenly squares! With a crunchy cinnamon sugar layer to top it all off, you know these Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are gonna be a new favourite. Did I mention that they’re totally easy to make too? Even the salted caramel is homemade and really quick and simple! Trust me, you’re gonna love these!
As well as being a cinnamon lover, I’m also a total chocoholic! So, of course I love rich, gooey, fudgy brownie loaded with dark chocolate chips! Yum! So you know these Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are good when I tell you I would choose them over a brownie any day! Yep, I’m not kidding folks – these blondies are better than chocolate! That’s a pretty big claim, I know. I guess you’ll just have to try them to see if I’m right! Even if they don’t quite beat chocolate for you, I know you’re not gonna be sorry you made them. Because these Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies are fudgy, delicious bites of heaven that you’ll love!
Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies
Buttery, fudgy Snickerdoodle Salted Caramel Blondies - full of cinnamon goodness, layers of gooey salted caramel, studded with white chocolate chunks and topped with a crunchy sugar layer
For the salted caramel:
- 225g (1 cup + 1tbsp) white sugar
- 90g (6 tbsp) salted butter, cubed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) double/heavy cream
- 1 tbsp golden syrup (or corn syrup)
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the blondies:
- 440g (3.5 cups) plain/all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 250g (1 cup + 2 tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 225g (1 cup + 1 tbsp) white sugar
- 225g (1 packed cup + 1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
For the sugar topping:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the salted caramel:
- Put sugar in a medium-sized, heavy bottomed saucepan and heat on medium until sugar is melted, do not stir.
- Once sugar is melted, add the butter and stir until melted.
- Slowly pour in the cream, be careful as it will likely splutter and bubble a lot. Stir in the golden syrup and leave to bubble for 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the salt.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, then pour into bowl or jar to cool completely. Can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
For the blondies:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 9" x 13" brownie pan with foil, with overhang around the edges. Grease foil.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, lightly whisk together and set aside.
- Beat the butter on a high speed (using stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand held electric mixer) until creamy and pale, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 2 mins.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, and vanilla with the last egg, until combined.
- Add the flour mix, turn the mixer down to low and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan, spread out evenly.
- Spread half the salted caramel over the top of the batter
- Spoon the rest of the batter and spread into even layer. Drizzle the remaining caramel over the top (save a little caramel if you want top drizzle some over the top of the baked blondies).
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for for 45 minutes, until top is deep golden brown and a skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan. The pull out with foil overhangs, remove foil and cut into squares. Spoon over left over caramel if you saved some!
So, the ultimate question – blondies or brownies?