These Gluten Free Triple Peanut Blondies are chock full of delicious peanut goodness, with peanut flour, peanut butter and peanuts in their original form. They’re chewy, moist and absolutely yummy – a peanut lover’s dream! They’re so easy to make, so give them a try today – you won’t be sorry!
Do you ever feel like you’re constantly playing catch up and never on top of your to-do list? That’s pretty much a constant state for me, but lately it seems to be getting worse! Even with some time off work recently and quite a few four day weeks (yay for bank holidays!), I just feel like I never have enough time to get things done for the blog. On top of all the recipe development, baking, photography and writing, there always seems to be something new to add to the list for the behind-the-scenes stuff – I think I need a personal assistant whose only job is to kick me up the butt to get going with these things! Any takers?! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not really complaining, I love doing the blog, it’s just hard to stay on top of everything! I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this, whether it’s in regards to blogging, work life, home life, all of the above! There’s just never enough hours in the day, is there?
Sticking with that train of thought, I actually made these Triple Peanut Blondies about a month or so ago, but it’s taken me forever to get around to editing the photos and actually writing up the recipe for y’all. Which is a shame because these blondies are totally amazing and you deserved to have them ASAP – forgive me? I think you will when you try the recipe, because they’re so worth the wait. I wanted to make peanut butter blondies because how totally delicious does that sound?! But also had a whole load of peanuts that had been calling my name for a while, so I decided to for a triple peanut offence – peanut butter, peanut flour and peanuts – all stuffed into delicious Triple Peanut Blondies, total heaven!
I made my own peanut flour in my Vitamix because it’s crazy easy, cheaper than buying peanut flour from the store and probably more yummy! All you have to do is blitz some peanuts in your food processor with a little cornstarch (this helps to stop clumping) and voila, peanut flour goodness! I combine the peanut flour with a gluten free all-purpose flour blend (I use Doves Farm brand), it not only gives the Triple Peanut Blondies an extra boost of peanut flavour, but it also helps to keep them nice and moist – nut flours in general are great for that! Unsalted, roasted peanuts are best for this I find, but you can totally use salted if that’s all you have – just reduce the amount of salt you add to the recipe by at least half, or omit it completely.
Peanut butter is one of my all-time favourite things, I can spread it on anything or just eat it straight out the jar. When I’m using peanut butter for general eating purposes I always prefer all natural peanut butter, with nothing added except a little salt, either homemade or good quality store bought– my favourite store bought brand is Whole Earth. However, when I am baking with peanut butter I prefer to use the cheaper, lots of stuff added peanut butter. Why? Because the added stuff helps it emulsify with the other ingredients, if you use all natural peanut butter it will tend to release a lot of oil and be not good! Why is the case? I’m not really sure, I just know from experience. I haven’t tried natural peanut butter in blondies though, so I can’t say for sure who it will work, but I stick to what I know. If you have used all-natural peanut butter in baking and had great success with it, please do let me know, I’d love to know your secrets and find ways I can use it in my baking too!
As you know, blondies are basically the brownies’ pale cousin. Usually they don’t have any chocolate in, or if they do it’s white chocolate or some chocolate chips. In the case of my Triple Peanut Blondies, I added some chocolate chips because everybody knows that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. All the triple peanut goodness is definitely the star of the show in these blondies, the chocolate chips just add an extra background layer of deliciousness that will keep you reaching for more.
You are seriously going to love these Triple Peanut Blondies. They’re so delicious, you cannot stop at just one, and those peanut butter lovers in your life will go absolutely mad for them. And just like brownies, these blondies are super quick and easy to make. You don’t even need a mixer, everything can be mixed together by hand. If you’re lazy like me, you can go ahead and use a mixer though. Baking certainly isn’t the time for exercise after all! Once they’re all mixed up, just stick them in your oven and 45 minutes later you have Triple Peanut Blondies and you’re in heaven! Give them a go and let me know what you think!
Gluten Free Triple Peanut Blondies
Yield 24 Blondies
Easy gluten free blondies packed full of peanut goodness!
- 2 cups (300g) unsalted peanuts (divided in half)*
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (corn flour)
- 2 cups (280g) gluten free plain/all purpose flour blend**
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (250g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (300g) peanut butter (I use smooth)
- 1 cup (225g) white sugar
- 1 cup (packed) + 1 tbsp (225g) light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (115g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Line a 13"x9" brownie pan with parchment paper
- Add 1 cup/150g of the peanuts and the cornstarch to your food processor, processor until ground fine. Make sure to keep an eye on it as too long and it will start to turn to peanut butter - should take no more than 30 seconds. Don't worry if it's not super fine.
- Put the peanut flour, gluten free flour blend, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the peanut butter and beat to combine.
- Add the sugars and beat until fully combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating to fully combine between each addition. Add the vanilla with the last egg.
- Add the flour mix and beat until just combine.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup/150g peanuts and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into your prepared brownie pan. Sprinkle the 1 tbsp of granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan and then cut into squares.
* If using store bought peanut flour, you need 1 cup peanut flour and 1 cup whole peanuts. Obviously skip the step to make the peanut flour!
** Can switch for regular plain/all purpose flour if dietary needs don't require gluten free. Use the same measurements
This recipe is written to make by hand, but you can also use your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. If using a mixer, turn speed to lowest setting when you add the flour
Will keep for 3-5 days in an air tight container
Are you a peanut butter nutter?!