We all remember those special moments in our life, the momentous occasions that helped shape who we are; the first time you fell in love, your first kiss, the day you graduated, the first time you tried this cinnamon honey butter….
Oh yes, it really is that good. I spread it on a nice, warm bagel and I was in heaven. How I stopped myself digging in and just eating it up with a spoon I’ll never know! It’s so sweet and buttery with a real cinnamon kick that keeps you coming back for more. Maybe I’m a little biased because cinnamon is my absolutely favourite flavour in the world and if you add it to something I’m sure to love it! But really, this butter is amazing!
I made this butter to go with the hot cross buns I made for Easter, the recipe for which I’ll be sharing with you this weekend but I just had to share this cinnamon honey butter recipe with you first! This butter will go great with pretty much anything you could dream to put it on; bagels, dinner rolls, biscuits, baked sweet potatoes, waffles, pancakes, banana bread, EVERYTHING! I will be making this butter every chance I get and I’ll slather it on everything I possibly can to the point where I may have to make my next post from a hospital bed after my butter induced heart attack! (I’m kidding of course… hopefully!).
And what makes this butter even more awesome? It’s so simple and quick to make, with only 3 ingredients! You can whip this up in a matter of minutes and you’re on your way to a buttery, cinnamon heaven! It’s also super simple to adjust to suit your personal tastes. What could be more perfect than a recipe that’s super easy to make and will transport you to a state of bliss?
If you can bear to part with it, you could even package this up in cute little jars and give it away as Easter gifts. What better way to start Easter Sunday than with a slice of toast with this smothered all over it, before you break into all the yummy chocolate!
Okay, I will stop teasing you! Here’s the recipe
[recipe title=”Cinnamon Honey Butter”]
- 200g good quality unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp good quality, clear honey
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Combine the all the ingredients in a bowl using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or hand mixer with beaters. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature
- It will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for a few weeks, I doubt it’ll last that long though!
- Makes approximately 1/2 cup of butter, you can divide or multiply the quantities to make as much as you need
- Adjust the amount of honey to make it more or less sweet, same goes for cinnamon.