These summery and delicious Strawberries and Cream Sorbet Mimosas are so much fun. They’re easy to make, with homemade sorbet, and are perfect for brunch, a bridal shower, or a girly night! Pop open the champagne and get to sippin’!
These Strawberries and Cream Sorbet Mimosas are a little taste of summer, and that’s exactly what we need in the UK right now! It’s the end of July, but it feels more like October – lately it’s been nothing but rainy and grey. At least it’s not been too cold I guess. I think summer might be over for us, but who knows whats August will bring. But, for now, we can at least enjoy some summery drinks! I was inspired to make these Strawberries and Cream Sorbet Mimosas by these amazing Rosé Raspberry Sorbet Mimosas from Fox and Briar – make sure you check them out!
The amazing Strawberries and Cream Sorbet is so quick and easy to make, you just blend up the ingredients and freeze. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze – I’m very impatient! But it’s worth the wait, then you just scoop it into some champagne flutes and top up with champagne. I like to garnish with a fresh strawberry and some mint for a pop of colour, and a fresh aroma.
It’s been a way too long while since I had a recipe for you guys, and I can only apologise. Running a blog alongside a full time job (that has a 1.5 hour each way commute) isn’t easy, and working in the NHS is crazy right now, it’s hard to keep up! But rest assured the recipes will still keep coming and still be as delicious! How have you been? I hope you’re enjoying summer and it’s not too hot where you are – and that you’re at least getting some sun, unlike us Brits!
Strawberries and Cream Sorbet Mimosas
Yield 4 drinks
These summery and delicious Strawberries and Cream Sorbet Mimosas are so much fun. They're easy to make, with homemade sorbet, and are perfect for brunch, a bridal shower, or a girly night! Pop open the champagne and get to sippin'!
For the sorbet:
- 2.5 cups (500g) chopped and hulled strawberries
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream (double cream), divided in half
For the sorbet mimosas:
- 4 scoops strawberries and cream sorbet
- 1 bottle of champagne (or sparkling wine)
- Fresh strawberries and mint to garnish
To make the sorbet:
- Put the strawberries, lime juice, simple syrup, and 1/4 cup (60ml) of the cream in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container (will be about 2.5 cups of liquid) and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) of cream on top.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight, until firm.
To make the sorbet mimosas:
- Put 2-3 scoops of sorbet each into 4 champagne flutes
- Top up with champagne
- Garnish with a whole strawberry and a couple of mint leaves
While you can omit the simple syrup for a slightly less sweet sorbet, the syrup helps stop ice crystals forming as it freezes so I don't recommend omitting it.
Serving Size 1 glass
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.