Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
A quick and easy mulled wine made in your slow cooker - perfect for festive parties!
- 2 bottles red wine – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Zinfandel are good choices
- 1 cup (240ml) Cointreau
- ¼ cup (60ml) Brandy
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- ¼ inch slice ginger
- ½ packed cup (100g) dark brown sugar
- Peel from half a lemon (with minimal pith)
- Peel from a whole orange (with minimal pith)
- Juice from half an orange (amount does not need to be exact so don’t worry about measuring)
- 5 dashes Jerry Thomas Own Decanter Bitters (optional)
- Glass: Mug
- Garnish: Whole star anise, cinnamon stick, and a slice of orange
- Add all your ingredients to your slow cooker, and put on low for one hour.
- Keep on warm setting to keep at serving temperature
Will keep in fridge for 3 days, just reheat when ready to serve. But best served the day of making.
Recipe by A Tipsy Giraffe at https://www.atipsygiraffe.com/slow-cooker-mulled-wine/