A rich, decadent chocolate tart with fresh strawberries, boozy strawberry jam and an oreo crust. So easy to make, this No Bake Strawberry and Chocolate Boozy Tart is the perfect dessert to serve on a nice summer’s day!
I think it’s fairly obvious that I love to bake! I definitely get the appeal of a no bake dessert, they’re usually easy to prepare and it’s great to not have to turn the oven on when it’s hot out – plus, they can be delicious! But, I usually prefer the baked alternative – there’s just usually an extra depth of flavour you can’t seem to replicate in a “no bake” version. Cheesecake is the best example of this, while no bake cheesecakes can indeed be yummy, you’ll never beat a baked one as far as I’m concerned. So why, you ask, do I have a no bake dessert for you today? For the same reasons they’re so popular, it’s really easy to whip up, with the day’s heating up you don’t want the oven on all the time and it is amazingly tasty!
This wasn’t a planned recipe either. I have a note on my phone and on my computer with lists of recipe ideas that I’m constantly adding to, I look through it often to get inspiration for what to bake next. This recipe came out of the fact I had a punnet of gorgeous strawberries in the fridge that were going to be no longer gorgeous if I didn’t use them soon! It was fairly late in the evening and I didn’t fancy doing anything too elaborate or even turn the oven on – who says good things can’t come from being lazy? Chocolate and strawberry seemed like the obvious choice, I also had some strawberry preserves so, with some inspiration from these Caramelised White Chocolate Boozy Raspberry Tarts, I combined it with some chocolate vodka for a boozy base filling! Oreos were an obvious choice for the crust – this crust is a little on the crumbly side because I really wanted to limit the amount of butter I put in (I hate greasy crusts) so if you want a firmer crust I would suggest baking it for about 10 mins (180C/350F should do it) or adding more butter. I didn’t mind the crumblyness though.
The chocolate filling is to die for though. It’s rich, smooth and oh so decadent – in fact, it’s so rich that even a small slice would satisfy even the biggest chocoholics! You could lighten it up a little by using milk chocolate, but I think the richness of the dark chocolate compliments the juicy strawberries perfectly. Just imagine it – smooth, dark chocolate ganache and ripe, juicy strawberries all in one bite! And don’t forget the hit of boozy tartness from the vodka laced jam! Are we all drooling yet?
- 200g Oreos
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 350g good quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml double cream (high fat heavy cream)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 300g fresh strawberries, thawed
- 180g strawberry preserves
- 25ml chocolate vodka (or regular vodka, omit completely for alcohol free dessert)
- 50g white choclate for garnish (optional)
- Put the oreos in a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs, pour the butter in with the motor running until crumbs are alll moistened. Press the mixture into a 9" loose bottomed tart tin. Cover and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate (in a microwave or double boiler) and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream and maple syrup on a medium heat until it's just starting to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 of the cream to the melted chocolate and whip with a handheld electric mixer until combined. Add another 1/3 of the cream and whip until combined. Add the remaining cream and whip until smoothy and glossy.
- Mix the preserves with the vodka and spread over the base of the crust. Pour the chocolate ganache mixture over and smooth out.
- Press strawberries, hulled side down, into the mixture until the top is covered. Grate white chocolate over the top.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
The great thing about this tart is it’ll be so easy to change to suit your tastes and needs. If you don’t like strawberries (or are allergic/live in the southern hemisphere where strawberries aren’t coming into season right now) you could use raspberries, or blueberries, or mango, or apples… the list is endless! Whatever fruit you like to pair with chocolate would be perfect and delicious! You can even leave the fruit out all together and go chocolate crazy – instead of grating the white chocolate on top, perhaps try melting it and swirling it into the still warm ganache, yum!
So if you’re looking for a really easy, really decadent and delicious dessert that you can make without working up a sweat in your kitchen on these hot summer days, this No Bake Strawberry and Chocolate Boozy Tart is definitely for you! It will definitely impress any guests, or even your family, with it’s richness it has the feel of a fancy, complicated dessert – don’t worry, I won’t tell them if you don’t!
If you liked this recipe, please do share with your friends, family and pinterest family using the social share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And subscribe below to get new (and free!) recipes directly to your inbox!
You can also follow me on: