Gluten Free Nutty Chocolate Granola
Yield 5.5 Cups
Gluten Free Granola that's full of nuts, raisins, chocolate goodness and sweetened with maple syrup. It's so easy to make and totally delicious - it's the perfect breakfast option
- 3 cups (345g) quick cook oats
- 1.5 cups (250g) unsalted nuts and dried fruit mix (I used hazelnuts, pecans, peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts and raisins)
- 1/2 cup (60g) shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250g) natural peanut butter (I use crunchy, but smooth is good too)
- 1/2 cup (12oml) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325F/160C and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the oats, nuts and raisins, coconut, cacao nibs, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. I like to use a whisk as I feel like it combines it better. Set aside
- Put the peanut butter and maple syrup in a heat proof bowl and microwave until the peanut butter is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir the vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Pour the peanut butter and maple syrup mixture into the oats and nuts mixture, and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined and all the mixture is wet
- Spread out onto baking trays (depending on the size of your trays you may need up to three).
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until it's a deep golden brown.
- Break up into bite size chunks if they clump together
- Leave to cool completely, then store in a sealed container for up to a month
Will keep for up to a month, if stored in a sealed container in a cool, dry place.
The raisins make swell up as they bake, but they will go back down to normal as it cools
If you prefer big chunks of granola, put it on the baking sheet in a thicker layer and then break up into bite size chunks.
You can use any mix of nuts that you like - I like lots of different kinds in mine!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by A Tipsy Giraffe at https://www.atipsygiraffe.com/gluten-free-granola-video/